Asked by Dodie Ernst from USA | Apr. 22, 2016 10:26
About:FAQ of Chinese Visa Application

Can I do overnight trips to anywhere in China with my tourist visa?

I applied for 10 year multi-entry L type. I plan to visit Beijing, then Hong Kong. While in Hong, I will travel to areas outside of Hong Kong. Can I do day trips outside of Hong Kong with my L type?
Can I do overnight trips to anywhere in PRC with it or it limited to the two cities I put to visit on my L type?

Answers (1)
Answered by Alexander from Greece | Apr. 23, 2016 01:24
Dodie, as far as I know, the 10-year L type can only be used to enter or exit mainland PRC. So you can do overnight trips to anywhere in mainland PRC with it. You cannot enter HK with the tourist L type.
Of course, you can enter HK freely because you hold US passport, you can enjoy free entry to HK for a stay of no more than 90 days.
Related Questions:
My recent trip to china i married my chinese girlfriend and was on a L type...
Asked by WAYNE ROLFE from Australia
| Jun. 29, 2017 22:38
Do I need to have my airfares and accommodation booked before applying for ...
Asked by Jasmin from Australia
| Aug. 09, 2018 20:59
Arrive in Beijing at 4:25pm on March 27th and then leave the next day for N...
Asked by Susan from USA
| Feb. 15, 2013 03:53
i want to get china L visa?
Asked by Malik Amirzeb Khan from Pakistan
| Mar. 12, 2012 22:18
what type of visa would I be able to go to other cities than the ones liste...
Asked by m from USA
| Jul. 14, 2015 22:20
Visiting Japan and willing to visit a contact in Beijing for a week
Asked by Rebecca from France
| Nov. 09, 2015 03:35
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)