Asked by Alex from USA | Apr. 18, 2016 07:44
About:FAQ of Chinese Visa Application

Applying for a new type of Visa

I have been teaching in China for two years on a Z type/residence permit. My residence permit will expire on June 30th but I would like to apply for a tourist L type to travel throughout PRC following my employment. How can I go about applying for a tourist L type while currently on a Z type?

Answers (1)
Answered by Nancy from CN | Apr. 19, 2016 02:09
Hi Alex, you can go to the Exit and Entry Management Office of the local PSB (Public Security Bureau) seven days before your residence permit expires. Take your passport, a copy of it, an application form, a recent half-length photo against light background, and a return ticket, perhaps plus a proof showing you have a place to stay, for example, hotel bookings. Then apply for a one-month L type. In normal cases, the officer will issue it to you.
Related Questions:
Visa with Z type, can go home and return to china without applying for new ...
Asked by Shskha from Iraq
| Jul. 25, 2015 20:53
Which consulate should I submit my VISA application?
Asked by RAJ from India
| Jul. 11, 2016 20:46
X2 Visa, criminal record
Asked by Kai from New Zealand
| Apr. 15, 2014 01:35
What are the requirements when applying L type visa?
Asked by Rose from Philippines
| Oct. 14, 2018 23:44
My old US passport was lost and I cannot provide previous Chinese Visa
Asked by Li Zheng from USA
| Apr. 12, 2016 22:17
Where do I get my Z visa? Can I apply in New Zealand?
| Dec. 27, 2015 00:34
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)