Asked by Rocky from USA | Apr. 14, 2016 13:29
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

Osaka - Beijing - Hong Kong (with a transfer in the middle)

Hi, I have a flight from Osaka, Japan to Beijing (with transfer in Qingdao) and then two days later to Hong Kong. I realize this should be no problem based on the ticketing, but because my flight is not direct from Osaka to Beijing (i.e. makes a stop in Qingdao) will that not allow me to do the 72 hour transit visa? The booking I made was a single trip, not two separate trips, but it just happens that I must transfer in Qingdao. I'm a bit confused on this, so would appreciate some help. Thanks!


Answers (1)
Answered by Diane from Poland | Apr. 16, 2016 02:01
Rocky, because you will have two stops in PRC, you cannot enjoy the 72 hour free transit even though you made a single trip. I feel sorry, but you need to apply for a transit G type or tourist l type ahead of your journey.
Related Questions:
I will be arriving from osaka for a connecting flight to hong kong. Is hong...
Asked by Mr.Andy from United Kingdom
| May. 06, 2010 04:03
I would like to know if the following trip qualifies for 72 hour visa
Asked by Rene from USA
| Apr. 29, 2018 04:16
We are going to China the middle of Mar., Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. ...
Asked by marlys from USA
| Feb. 28, 2017 00:37
American traveling from Osaka, Japan to Beijing then to Hong Kong
Asked by Sam from USA
| Oct. 09, 2017 20:50
would this route be valid for 72 hours free transit? Hong Kong - Shanghai -...
Asked by Morgan from USA
| Jun. 23, 2015 19:51
I am travelling from Auckland to Beijing and staying 4 or 5 nights in Beiji...
Asked by Debby Melville from New Zealand
| Mar. 26, 2016 03:35
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)