Asked by Claire from USA | Apr. 12, 2016 17:01
About:China Visa

Traveling from China to Vietnam

Hello, I am traveling from Toronto to Beijing and then Nanning to Hanoi. I am a US citizen and I read that the flight to and from China has to be originating from and returning to the US. Is this the case? Also do I am from NY with an NY drivers license, but I live in DC. Do I have to apply at the NY office as that is where my consulate region is or can I apply at the DC office?

Answers (1)
Answered by Franklin from USA | Apr. 13, 2016 03:53
Hi Claire! It's not the case. You don't have to take a flight from the US to PRC and then back to the US. You can perform your trip by flying from the US to PRC and then onward to the Vietnam.

Since you live in DC, it's possible that you can apply from the embassy there. Before you go to submit the application, you can call the office and make sure about it.
Related Questions:
Hi, I am from the UK, traveling in Vietnam, I am leaving Vietnam for Hong K...
Asked by Ms.Hammond from UK
| Jul. 15, 2009 04:39
Transiting from Vietnam through Hong Kong to the United States
Asked by John Michael from United States
| Jan. 24, 2016 02:19
Hi i am traveling to Vietnam from Dubai I have a 7 hrs layover China do I n...
Asked by Demuni from UAE
| Mar. 22, 2018 21:42
Asked by Michael from USA
| Nov. 22, 2016 20:09
transit info
Asked by affan from Pakistan
| Jul. 10, 2015 22:33
24 hour direct transit visa. Do i need to bring a form or photographs ?
Asked by Dan C C from Costa Rica
| Dec. 11, 2017 20:57
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)