Asked by Andrew from China | Apr. 05, 2016 00:59
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

I got my Z visa and have applied for temporary residence.

While in the process, I traveled outside of China and didn't realize I had only one entry on my Z type so I had to delay my return and apply for a tourist L type. Will I have to reapply for a Z type even though all of my documents are in the process for the temporary residence permit.

Answers (1)
Answered by Paige from Italy | Apr. 06, 2016 22:16
Andrew, if you apply for a tourist L type, the work Z type will be voided. If so, when you re-enter PRC, you need to re-apply for a new work Z type.

May I know how you can travel outside of PRC without passport? As far as I know, when applying for the temporary residence permit, you need to submit your passport, too. Did you get a certificate from the exit and entry administration to travel? If yes, there is no need to worry! You don’t need to apply for a tourist L type to re-enter.

In addition, if you apply for a tourist L type, your work Z type will be voided. In this case, you need to re-apply for a new work Z type and the temporary residence permit.
Related Questions:
Hi, I obtained my masters degree in china on a X visa (study ),
Asked by melvin from China
| Jan. 10, 2018 00:12
Unsure of status..without a sticker on my Z visa
Asked by Phil from U.K.
| Nov. 25, 2015 21:46
I have a visa Z my husband enter china with a M type can he applied also f...
Asked by Carmen from Mexico
| Apr. 13, 2017 04:24
Can I travel on my Z Visa before I get the temporary residence permit?
Asked by Muse from USA
| Jun. 29, 2015 20:59
Z visa original documents
Asked by Renee from USA
| Jul. 19, 2016 21:46
Can I apply for a Z visa in India again if my application for a temporary r...
Asked by ashraf from India
| Jul. 04, 2011 02:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)