Asked by Vicki from United Kingdom | Mar. 17, 2016 02:59
About:China Visa Exemption

Do i need a visa to go from Hong Kong to Guangzhou then Guangzhou to Hainan on train for 30 day stay

Hi I am flying from Phuket to Hong Kong, I want to take a train from HK to Guangzhou, train to Guangzhou to Hainan get a VOA in Hainan for 15 days then apply for a further 15 days staying only in Hainan.

Do I need an entry permit for travelling on the train between Hong Kong, Guangzhou and Hainan as I am in mainland China?

Answers (1)
Answered by Roberta from USA | Mar. 17, 2016 04:52
Hi Vicki, in brief, you need to apply for a tourist L type for this trip and if you get it, you don't need to apply for the VOA in Hainan. To leave from Guangzhou to Hainan is not deemed as exiting from PRC actually.
Related Questions:
do i need a visa to go to Hong kong from guangzhou, and how much is the spe...
Asked by kay from Zambia
| Nov. 26, 2013 19:57
Pls do I need a visa to travel from Guangzhou to hongkong and back to Guang...
Asked by Steve from Nigeria
| Jul. 28, 2018 23:50
Do I need to have a visa in my passport to go from Hong Kong to Guangzhou a...
Asked by Mr.Maria R from Portugal
| Dec. 26, 2010 01:51
Do I need visa- Travel from Hong kong to Guangzhou and Shenzhen by express ...
Asked by Leanne from Australia
| Sep. 23, 2018 02:17
Flights to/from Guangzhou, train to Hong Kong
Asked by Jani from Finland
| Apr. 06, 2017 22:03
Do Moroccans need a seperate Tourist Visa to Travel to Hong Kong and to Hai...
Asked by Ghiz from Morocco
| Oct. 07, 2018 18:07
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)