Asked by Oyedele Damilare Francis from Nigeria | Mar. 14, 2016 20:38
About:Top 8 Reasons Why Your China Visa Gets Rejected

Do I need to cancel my family's resident permits (which expires in 3 months' time) before leaving?

Hello, I have a residence permit and valid Z type till end of June 2016. Based on these I got dependent resident permit and entry permit for my wife and daughter. Now, my contract with my contract ends 31st March (3 months before expiry of my Z type) and they request my passport and my family's for visa cancellation process. My company pays for my charges but I have to pay for my family's and the air tickets. These I consider rather too expensive and I'm wonder if I really have to cancel for my wife and daughter and go through the expense. So I want to know: Is it not appropriate to leave 1st week in April without going for my family's cancellation? Since their entry permits and residence permits expires by June anyways and we don't have any plans to return to PRC right now, do they need to go for the cancellation process? What could be the potential offence if they just leave with me early in April? Please I look forward to your prompt advise

Answers (1)
Answered by Kelvin from Germany | Mar. 15, 2016 21:58
Oyedele, it’s okay if you don’t cancel your family’s residence permit. I don’t think it will have any problem because when the entry permit expires, the residence permit will be invalid or cancelled automatically.
Besides, as far as I know, there is no any charge when you cancel the residence permit.
Related Questions:
can i apply for renewal of my resident permit two months before it expires?...
Asked by tsungai from Zimbabwe
| Jul. 20, 2014 03:02
Resident Permit Visa
Asked by Chris from USA
| Mar. 12, 2015 03:14
Two year multiple entry Business Visa
Asked by Graham from Ireland
| Feb. 24, 2016 02:18
Changing a z-visa to a stay type back to a z type again without leaving the...
Asked by Nick from China
| Jan. 14, 2016 21:12
Visa on arrival with expiring X type
Asked by trisha from Uganda
| Jul. 03, 2015 03:05
Transit Visas and Terminals
Asked by Raine from Philippines
| Sep. 24, 2015 22:55
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)