Asked by Daphne from USA | Mar. 10, 2016 18:24
About:Policy for Foreigners with Immediate Family Living in China

Husband is HK resident working in Shanghai want to apply for S1 Visa

Hi, my husband moved to Shanghai for work in July last year. I am going to move to China in April and think S1 type is appropriate for my situation. Does anybody know what kind of document that can prove he's been living there for more than 6 months? He only has return home permit and working permit, but none of that can prove that he has lived in Shanghai for 6month+. I think the temporary residence permit for HK resident has been discontinued... Can someone please help? Thanks

Answers (1)
Answered by Howard from India | Mar. 11, 2016 21:10
Daphne, as long as he has valid work Z type, work permit and the residence permit, you can apply for S1 type. I don’t think he needs to prove that he has lived in Shanghai for more than 6 months. He can write you an invitation letter. And then you should prepare these materials containing: 1)your passport and copy of its data page, 2)the filled-out application form with a passport-style photo glued, 3)the invitation letter from your husband, 4)copies of your husband’s passport and residence permit in PRC, 5)your marriage certificate.
Related Questions:
Permanent resident permit requirements
Asked by Angela Davila from China
| Nov. 13, 2017 02:14
How to Convert Working to S1 Visa?
Asked by Nikka from China
| Jun. 14, 2018 21:06
Can I apply for an S1 visa within China?
Asked by Emma from Hungary
| Jul. 23, 2018 01:50
I want to apply the dependent visa for wife .
Asked by Pandian from China
| Apr. 18, 2018 21:12
My husband has student X type and Which type I will Apply S1 or S2?
| Aug. 04, 2016 21:56
My mom is Indonesian, can she apply China visa in Singapore?
Ms.VELBERG from Malaysia
| Jun. 28, 2011 21:16
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)