Asked by Andrea | Mar. 04, 2016 14:15
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

Applying for a Multiple Entry Visa while in China

My sister is studying abroad in Shanghai, and for some reason when her school processed the entry permit they only gave her a single entry one. She has a German passport and it expires sometime in August...but she is only staying there till July. My question is can she apply for multiple entry one while in Shanghai or does she have to leave China to do this?
She wants to travel to other countries while she is there.
I appreciate your help!

Answers (1)
Answered by Judas from Malaysia | Mar. 05, 2016 01:18
Dear, may I know she holds X1 type or X2 type?
If it is X 1 type, after she enters PRC, she will apply for a residence permit, by which she can exit and re-enter PRC at anytime.
But if it’s X2 type, she cannot apply for am multiple-entry one in PRC because as far as I know, X2 type only has single entry. Once she exits from PRC, when she re-enters, she needs to apply for a new X2 type.
Related Questions:
Nigerian passport. I'm a Nigerian on valid China work (Z) and residence per...
Asked by Ayo from Nigeria
| Oct. 14, 2018 20:10
Is there an age limitation for US citizens applying for multiple entry tour...
Asked by Willi Hans Ramm from Taiwan/USA
| Jun. 28, 2013 03:10
X2 Visa request for multiple entry
Asked by Locatelli from Italy
| May. 30, 2018 20:38
I am a Indian citizen applying for a tourism visa. What is the Local ID car...
Asked by Aaa from India
| Oct. 06, 2011 02:59
I need to attend Canton Fair in Guangzou. I may visit couple of times later...
Asked by Raviteja Challa from India
| Oct. 06, 2013 04:07
I would like to get a full detail of Business/Visit trip for Syrian Nationa...
Asked by Mr.MS.Aguila from UAE
| May. 07, 2011 21:01
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)