Asked by Ankur Srivastava from India | Feb. 29, 2016 21:20
About:China Private Visit Visa

Applying for visa for my to-be wife.

I am working in Shanghai on Z- type and hold a RP. I will be getting married in April and want to bring my to-be wife to Shanghai after marriage. I want to know the process and the time required for it. Is it possible to apply for a tourist L type now and convert it to dependent one, once she is in Shanghai on tourist L type? Please advise.

Answers (1)
Answered by Merlin from United Kingdom | Mar. 01, 2016 20:18
After you two get married, you can apply for a spouse S1 type for her so that she can stay longer with you. The process goes like this: you should first prepare the relevant materials including her passport and copy of its data page, the application form with a passport-sized color photo glued, your marriage certificate, an invitation letter from you and copy of your passport and residence permit in PRC. And then submit the application to the CVASC to apply for it.

You can apply for a tourist L type for her now, but I cannot tell you for sure whether you can change L type to S type or not after her entry. You’d better consult about it at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB.
Related Questions:
My wife is Chinese. Can I get a resident visa without applying for a work p...
Asked by Keith from Ireland
| May. 16, 2011 20:35
VOA document requirement
Asked by Abhi from India
| Feb. 10, 2014 21:34
S1 visa application for my wife and daughter
Asked by Ogie from Philippines
| Oct. 28, 2015 01:45
My wife's sister who is PRC citizen would like to visit my wife regularly i...
Asked by Mr.Goh Ah Lek from Singapore
| Jul. 04, 2009 22:17
I will be travelling to China on a single entry business M type.
Asked by Himanshu Garg from India
| Dec. 19, 2016 21:39
Z-family entry permit enquiry
Asked by Mostafa from Morocco
| Aug. 24, 2015 02:50
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)