Asked by Monica Geary from USA | Feb. 27, 2016 16:26
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Leaving Bejing Airport for 13 hour layover

On our return trip from Thailand back to home (USA), we have about a 12 hour layover at the Bejing airport. We land at 1am on April 5th and leave Bejing at 1pm on April 5th. We want to get a hotel room and enjoy some sites during our layover. Can we just leave the Bejing airport, go to the hotel, see some sites, and return to the airport to fly back to the US? Or is a visa required? Anything else we should know? Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Jackson from USA | Feb. 28, 2016 21:30
Hi Monica, no entry permit is required for you. You can get a temporary stay permit stamp on your passport by showing your passport and onward ticket. Then you are allowed to leave the airport, stay in the hotel and visit some sites. Afterward, you can return to the airport to fly back. Have a good trip!
Related Questions:
Chinese Visa needed to leave the airport for a 13 hour layover?
Asked by Kristi from USA
| Aug. 24, 2017 21:24
24 hour transit. Will they ask me at my airport when I depart or when I lan...
Asked by Lee Russell Balfour from Canada
| Oct. 11, 2017 21:53
Shanghai to Thailand & Back
Asked by Roxy from USA
| Mar. 27, 2017 11:18
Hello. I have a 13 hour layover on the way bacl from Australia to SOuth Kor...
Asked by Mr.Smith from United Kingdom
| Jan. 10, 2011 02:24
15 hour overnight layover at PVG, are rooms available without leaving airpo...
Asked by Gary from United States
| Jan. 28, 2016 19:25
7 hour layover in bejing
Asked by Chuck from United states
| Sep. 05, 2017 21:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)