Asked by Graham Forbes from Thailand | Feb. 20, 2016 22:40
About:China Embasy in Ireland

I am an Irish national and would like to apply for a multi-entry visa for China.

Mora na maidine duit,
I was told in Beijing that I must apply in Dublin, can you help? I note from your website that it is possible to get a 12 month multi-entry, but I was told, again in Beijing, that I am eligible for a 2 year multi-entry, on account of the number of trips that I make to PRC. Is that so?

Many thanks
Graham Forbes

Answers (4)
Answered by Sherry from USA | Feb. 22, 2016 03:42
Hi Graham, can you tell me which organization in Beijing told you such news? If it's an authority agency, then what you are told should be correct. But I don't think you must apply in Dublin if you are now in another country.
Answered by Graham Forbes from Thailand | Feb. 22, 2016 21:24
Hi Sherry, I heard this from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Beijing but also from an agent in Hong Kong. I have a friend that got a 2 year multi-entry one on his UK passport in London. Also I heard an unverified tale that it is possible to get the same in Macau. I travel to China at least once a month and stay for max 5 days, so I have a passport full of double entry permits, issued in Bangkok or Hong Kong. An agent in Dublin informed me that I can only get a 12 month multi-entry in Dublin, all very confusing.
Answered by Graham Forbes from Thailand | Feb. 22, 2016 21:43
Hi Sherry,
I just found this site:

I am following it, but it does seem to imply that a two year multi-entry is available somewhere.
Answered by Sherry | Feb. 23, 2016 03:59
UK citizens can now get the two-year multiple entry permit while Irish citizens cannot, according to what I now. You can apply for the one-year multiple entry permit instead. The information on the website you provided is out of date.
Related Questions:
What are the needed documents to apply for 2 years multientry visafor UAE r...
Asked by F. Espandiani from Iran
| Apr. 30, 2012 03:06
I am a Canadia and hold Russian work entry permit.
Asked by Fred from Russia
| Sep. 26, 2016 22:14
I am Spanish married with chinese and want to make china tourist visa 12 mo...
Asked by Mr.Lijiawei from SPAIN
| Dec. 01, 2008 00:27
Good morning.I just would like to inquire if i need a visa.i am a filipino ...
Asked by Mrs.verna nalaza from ireland
| Mar. 22, 2010 20:24
I am an Irish student living in Venezuela, i have applied and paid for a 3 ...
Asked by Ms.Cristina Wolter-Smyth from Venezuela
| Aug. 20, 2009 03:09
Dear/Madam I would like to apply for a visit visa to China, I am an Irish...
Asked by Mr.Mustafa from Irelan
| Apr. 24, 2009 05:19
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)