Asked by Bing from USA | Feb. 19, 2016 00:07
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

Do I qualify for the 72 hour Visa Free Transit?

I have a US passport and travelling from New York to Manila for 11 days ,then to Beijing for 3 days then back to Manila for 2 days before returning back to New York. Does this qualify for a 72 hour free transit in Beijing. I have been to the Chinese Consulate in New York but did not give me a definitive answer, instead, I was given a phone number in Beijing International airport which I called numerous time and unfortunately not in service. Can anyone help me with this dilemma ?

Answers (1)
Answered by Dylan from Australia | Feb. 19, 2016 01:35
Bing, sorry, it doesn’t qualify for the 72 hour policy because according to the policy, you cannot fly back to your last departure country after your transit in PRC. After transiting in Beijing, if you fly to New York direct, you can enjoy the free transit.
Related Questions:
Hello I am tracey from U.K. To Sydney in Australia then to shanghai then ba...
Asked by Jennifer Cunnah from United Kingdom
| Jul. 11, 2017 04:41
i am flying from paris to shanghai ofter one day stay shanghai and then to ...
Asked by asad from France
| Nov. 22, 2015 20:30
We are sailing into Shanghai for a 24 hour stop. Do I qualify for the 72 ho...
Asked by Jan keenan from South africa
| Jan. 24, 2016 20:44
Flying Hong kong - Shanghai - Macau, do I qualify for the 72 hour free tran...
Asked by Patrice from Germany
| Jul. 17, 2013 04:08
Uk citizen flying from London to shanghai staying 2 nights in hotel to boar...
Asked by Susan Wood from United Kingdom
| Sep. 03, 2018 00:05
Traveling to shanghai from seoul kr with usa passport
Asked by Sally from Usa
| Nov. 15, 2017 03:32
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)