Asked by BR from USA | Jan. 23, 2016 11:55
About:China Embassy in Indonesia

can I receive a chinese tourist visa from jakarta as a non-resident?

If I'm in Jakarta on a tourist entry permit (VOA) and need to go to PRC, can I apply for a tourist L type to PRC in Jakarta even though I am a US citizen? I see the official policy is that I can only apply if I am a resident or work permit, but are there exceptions if the situation is unique? I already have roundtrip airfare, a letter from the person I'm meeting in PRC, hotel reservation, and proof of a previous visa.

Answers (1)
Answered by Emily from Austria | Jan. 24, 2016 19:03
BR, it’s possible for you to apply for it from the CVASC in Jakarta. According to the relevant requirement, except the basic required documents, you also need to provide the valid entry permit to Indonesia.
Related Questions:
Can a non-national, non-resident, non worker get a chinese z type from the ...
Asked by Stella from Canada
| Aug. 20, 2017 21:48
I'm tunisian nationality going jakarta with tourist visa can I get Chinese ...
Asked by Yamina from Tunisia
| Oct. 10, 2016 01:38
Hello, I'm from the Philippines can I apply Chinese visa in Jakarta Apply
Asked by May from Philippines
| May. 21, 2017 21:06
I'm Chinese and want a tourist Visa for Indonesia. May I obtain a Visa on ...
Asked by Ms.Yang Quan Yi from China
| Jul. 13, 2009 20:47
Info about applying 6 month multiple entries
Asked by Natasha from Russia
| Mar. 02, 2016 19:30
I am a Saudi; I will visit Jakarta in Indonesia next week. Can I apply a Ch...
Asked by Mr.Mohammad from Saudi Arabia
| May. 21, 2009 21:21
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)