Asked by Alex from China | Jan. 22, 2016 03:18
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

If changing from a student visa to a Z type, do i still need release papers from previous job?

I was on a Z type in which the company canceled my Z and wrote negative comments in my release papers, which prevented me from getting another job.
I now have a new passport, and I am on a student type. If I was to now get a job, would I still have to submit the release papers? Or could I obtain a Z type without them as I would be changing from X to a Z type?

Answers (1)
Answered by Alan from Ireland | Jan. 22, 2016 21:55
Alex, if you hold X type right now, then I assume that you needn't provide the release paper. However, I do not know if you can change X into Z successfully without leaving because most entry and exit management bureaus require that the applicants should go back to their country to apply. Anyway, please visit local entry and exit management bureau and ask if you can apply without leaving. If they say no, then you have no choice but get back to apply.
Related Questions:
Applying for new employer from a home country after being worked in China (...
Asked by Jeff from Ukraine
| Nov. 16, 2015 19:14
I am currently working in China (Qinhuangdao) as a college teacher, with a ...
Asked by Tom
| Oct. 13, 2011 22:13
Hi, how can I renew my Z visa without release paper from my employer?
Asked by Guest
| Jul. 21, 2011 01:58
Changing Z work visa into X student type
Asked by J from Luxembourg
| Sep. 10, 2014 20:43
Can I get a Z visa in HK without returning to my home country (UK)?
Asked by MK007 from United Kingdom
| Sep. 09, 2014 02:30
Changing visa from Q to X
Asked by elly from Nepal
| Jun. 10, 2016 22:30
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)