Asked by JEFFREYRAVEN | Dec. 26, 2015 20:18
About:China Work Visa

Where do I get my Z visa? Can I apply in New Zealand?

I am living in China and will shortly be applying for a Z type. I have a British passport which includes a permanent New Zealand Resident's Permit. I understand I have to leave to apply.

1. The above article says " you can also entrust your friends ... to act on your behalf." Does this mean I don't have to leave China to apply for the Z type?

2. Can I apply for the Z type in New Zealand?

Answers (1)
Answered by Selina from Canada | Dec. 27, 2015 00:34
Hi there! Actually you don't need to leave to apply for the Z type. What type of visa do you hold now? You can go to the local exit and entry administration office and see whether you can convert the current stay permit to a Z type by providing the documents from the compnay which employs you. If the officer there says you can't do so, then you need to leave PRC and apply from outside.

As you have permanent residence in New Zealand, you can apply from there.
Related Questions:
Can i apply for my z visa for china in phillipines, manila??
Asked by Charlotte from New Zealand
| Jan. 22, 2013 20:02
Can New Zealander get Z visa from Chinese Embassy in Sri Lanka?
Asked by Jacqueline Premawardana from Sri Lanka
| May. 21, 2011 22:02
where in auckland can i get a Chinese visa?
Asked by ambrt
| Jul. 18, 2013 04:48
New Zealand Visa requirements to visit China as a tourist
Asked by Esther Paddon from New Zealand
| Apr. 05, 2012 02:48
How do I get a Visa for China?
Asked by Leah from New Zealander in Berlin
| Jan. 28, 2013 02:05
How to acquire a Z visa for China while in New Zealand
Asked by Ryan from New Zealand
| May. 20, 2016 21:03
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)