Asked by Peter from Slovakia | Dec. 11, 2015 16:46
About:China Visa

Can the X2 visa only be extended once for the same duration as the original permit?

So, if I get 3 months of stay initially, I can extend this period for another three months only? If I get 6 months duration of stay, I can extend for another 6 months?
What if I can get only 6 months in total (original stay + extension stay)?
Can I apply for a new X2 without leaving or only from my home country?

Answers (1)
Answered by Danny from Sweden | Dec. 12, 2015 01:15
Peter, since the new entry and exit management law was implemented, most foreingers can do the extension once. And duration of stay you acquire is no longer than that in your first X2.

According to the information I got, you are required to get back to your country to apply for the new X2. However, you'd better confirm your questions to local entry and exit management bureau at least 7 days before your current X2 expires. You know, the bureaus in different places might have different policies.
Related Questions:
X2 Visa confusion
Asked by Curious29 from Slovakia
| Dec. 12, 2015 01:08
i enter tianjin with x2 visa how can i will extended my resdent permit wit...
Asked by Berhe Giday chekol from Ethiopia
| Mar. 04, 2016 19:44
Hi, I have M type for 90 days and I have took my wife and son with me.
Asked by Shrikant D from India
| Dec. 18, 2017 20:49
Question about X2 type
Asked by anna from China
| Jun. 08, 2017 04:30
X China Visa
Asked by Memon from Italy
| Apr. 10, 2018 21:12
How to get multiple entry with Visa X2
Asked by Jeny from Indonesia
| Sep. 15, 2015 04:34
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)