Asked by NALIN PEIRIS from Sri Lanka | Dec. 08, 2015 04:25
About:China Embassy in Sri Lanka

Indian citizen go to China and Hong Kong for the first time

hi good day i am nalin peiris from sri lanka. one of my customer is holding indian passport, does he need chinese entry permit and hong kong entry permit, apply in colombo? he first time to travel china and hong kong. you need visa notice? or letter of invitation is ok?

Answers (1)
Answered by Rachel from Malaysia | Dec. 08, 2015 20:03
Hello, Nalin, Indian passport holders can enter HK freely for not exceeding 14 days. In this way, if he goes to HK, he doesn’t need to apply for an entry permit.
If he plans to travel to PRC mainland, an entry permit is a must. What type does he apply for? If he comes for leisure or relax purpose and apply for tourist L type, an invitation notice from Chinese Tourist Bureau may be required, while he needn't provide other invitation letter.
Related Questions:
What is visa fee for Indian citizen to travel china first time on tourist L...
Asked by Yogesh raval from India
| Sep. 27, 2016 22:16
I am Indian citizen can I live in Hong Kong for long time
Asked by pawandeep Singh from India
| Jun. 02, 2016 21:32
Do i need a Chinese visa to go to chimelong from hong kong and i'm indian c...
Asked by Akash patel from India
| Oct. 13, 2016 02:52
Can I apply for a China Visa in Hong Kong
Asked by AK from India
| Oct. 14, 2018 18:35
I am Indian Passport holder and want to travel to Hongkong for first time. ...
Asked by Mr.Makarand from India
| Oct. 11, 2009 04:36
visa information for indian citizen , anita verma , delhi, india
Asked by nishant from India
| Jul. 25, 2016 02:59
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)