Asked by David Muller from South Africa | Nov. 27, 2015 21:53
About:Policy for Foreigners with Immediate Family Living in China

Longer stay. I currently hold a multiple-entry Q2 visa.

I'm a foreigner married to a Chinese for 8 years now. I got a Q2 type at present which allow me 1 year miltiple entries, for a stay of maximum 90 days. After each 90 days I must leave for a run, normally I do a same day return from Dalian to Seoul (S Korea) My question is what can I do to get a longer stay than 90 days to reduce my travelling cost, and it will be a plus if I can get something more than a 1 year miltiple entry, which mean I don't have to go back to my country to renew my Q2 every year.

Answers (1)
Answered by Oliver from Ireland | Nov. 28, 2015 01:04
David, you'd better visit the entry and exit management bureau in Dalian and ask if you can change your Q2 into a long-term resident permit for family union. If they require you to get back to your country apply for Q1, then you have no choice but follow their advice. In this case, you should prepare the invitation letter from your Chinese wife, a copy of her Chinese ID card (both sides) and your marriage certificate to apply Q1 from the CVASC center in Johannesburg.

If they agree that you can change your Q2 into resident permit directly, then you should prepare these documents:
1. filled temporary accommodation registration form. You should register at local police station within 24 hours every time you arrive. Then they give you this form.
2. filled visa application form
3. a recent passport photo
4. original and copies of your passport information page and your Q2 entry permit
5. invitation letter from your wife and a copy of her Chinese ID card (both sides)
6. your marriage certificate (original and copy versions)

If you apply for a longer resident permit longer than one year, then you should also provide the physical examination record issued by Liaoning Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau located at no.60, Changjiang East Road, Dalian.
Related Questions:
My wife is chinese but we were registered in the UK. I want to stay for a l...
Asked by omar from United Kingdom
| Sep. 05, 2014 22:16
Applying for a longer stay instead of 60 days
| Jul. 02, 2014 04:14
Should I get an L visa or a Q2?
Asked by John from USA
| Aug. 11, 2014 21:21
I was born in America. I am currently in China holding an L-visa. I want to...
Asked by Mr.Hamblen from China
| Sep. 26, 2010 04:18
Q2 to residence permit
Asked by LZ from Canada
| Jan. 07, 2016 20:40
Convert L to Q2 visa
Asked by Ed from Philippines
| Sep. 24, 2017 21:11
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)