Asked by Marie from USA | Nov. 18, 2015 15:25
About:China Visa Exemption

72 hr visa free stay

I am an American passport holder. I have a flight from Manila, Philippines to San Francisco, CA on China Southern Airlines, with a 2 day visit to Xi'an. Question is, the airline transits through Guangzhou for a switch in aircraft. Both Guangzhou and Xi'an have 72 hr free stays. I plan to stay the 2 days in Xi'an. The flight onwards to San Francisco takes me back to Guangzhou fr Xi'an and onwards to the US. Will the 72 hr free stay apply to my port of entry (Guangzhou) only or will it apply to my stay in Xi'an also? Or do I have to get a eg. tourist L type entry permit?.....Confused

Answers (1)
Answered by David from New Zealand | Nov. 18, 2015 21:41
Marie, according to the 72 hour free transit policy, you can only transit in one Chinese city, either Xi'an or Guangzhou by your route. So you need to apply for a G or L type in advance.
Related Questions:
Quick turn. Flying from Chicago to Beijing. Returning to Chicago 26 hours l...
Asked by Webster McKinley from Usa
| Jan. 16, 2016 20:58
Can I stop in Beijing and go to 3rd country and in Shanghai on the return, ...
Asked by vasiq from USA
| Jan. 30, 2013 20:33
Usa by air to 3 day in Beijing then 3 dayin Hong Kong
Asked by Corey from Usa
| Jan. 29, 2018 02:53
We are travelling to Europe from New Zealand on New Zealand passports.
Asked by Lars Brock from New Zealand
| Oct. 24, 2016 22:04
13hr layover, no Visa for a third country or region until I arrive in that ...
Asked by KS from United States
| Nov. 17, 2016 21:24
I’m flying from Boston to Japan for 8 days, than from Tokyo to Shanghai (3 ...
Asked by Bella from USA
| Nov. 18, 2017 01:46
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)