Asked by Jeff from Ukraine | Nov. 15, 2015 02:56
About:China Visa

Applying for new employer from a home country after being worked in China (Issue a new Z visa)

I'm still getting confused with an issue. Is there any problem of applying for a new Chinese employer from your home country after being worked in PRC already? Perhaps you're not getting release letter and cancelation certificate from your current employer (these documents are needed to extend your z type within PRC), and you're leaving your job a bit earlier than the actual expire date of contract & Z type & residence permit, but both parties, me and employer agreed to terminate the contract, so that employer has to somehow cancel foreign expert certificate, residence permit and other important things to make sure that your leave is not gonna get you banned, blacklisted or whatever. Question is, how to ensure that embassy will issue new Z type for a new employer without any problems in my home country, perhaps they might say: "You have to wait till your previous Z type expires, or you need to provide us release letter from your past employer, or you have to cancel your foreign expert certificate... " I'm planning to apply for new employer, as far as i know, if you're applying from a home country, there's no need of possession of release letter. Anyone who knows if there's a phone number in PRC that i can ask such a question directly.. Thank you !

Answers (1)
Answered by Tony from Canada | Nov. 16, 2015 19:14
Hello, Jeff, theoretically, it doesn’t influence the application of new Z type because the old one will expire automatically 30 days after you enter last time. What you need to make sure now is that your previous residence permit is cancelled or not. If not, there may be a little bit influence, but it doesn't matter too much. You can call the embassy to consult the relevant things because it's all up to them to give you the Z type or not. Here is the office telephone number: 2533492.
Related Questions:
Can I reapply for a new Z visa even if I still have a valid residence permi...
Asked by Trish from Philippines
| Oct. 12, 2015 04:15
Already have a `Z` visa, How can I change employer with it in China?
Asked by Robert Gregory from China
| Jul. 03, 2011 23:15
Release letter and FEC cancellation notice
Asked by James from United Kingdom
| Aug. 09, 2016 22:43
Can I change my S2 visa while staying in Beijing ?
Asked by Raja Muhammad Afzal from Pakistan
| Nov. 05, 2017 20:37
Exit china after work permit cancelled, but Residence permit not cancelled
Asked by gdltsoe88 from India
| Aug. 07, 2013 01:32
Australian applying for China visa from the USA
Asked by Ray from Australia
| Oct. 15, 2017 19:45
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)