Asked by Maria from England | Oct. 28, 2015 08:10
About:China Private Visit Visa

My sister has a X1 visa and I would like to go visit her plus travel around South East Asia

Hi there,

From January 2016 I would like to go visit my sister (from England) who is studying in Shanghai with a X1 type. For the trip I'd like to see her in Shanghai and then travel around some of the countries in South East Asia before returning back to China for the last part of the trip (Mid - February to the beginning of March). I think I should have to get an S2 type, however the information above says that I need to stay in PRC for the duration of the S2. How do I get around this? Also, when should I get my entry permit to make sure I can enter at the start of January, re-enter in February and the fly home at the start of March?


Answers (1)
Answered by Leonard from USA | Oct. 30, 2015 02:35
Maria, you don't have to stay the full duration of the S2 in China. That means you can first enter and leave to Southeast Asian countries. However, if the S2 has only one entry on it, you need to apply for another entry permit to enter PRC again.

By the way, I advise you to apply for a six-month double-entry L type, which is more suitable for your case.
Related Questions:
Regarding S2 Visa Invitation Letter and Proof of Expenditures of travel
Asked by G Son from Bangladesh
| Apr. 09, 2018 20:47
Obtaining Chinese tourist visa in South Korea
Asked by Liesl from China
| Dec. 22, 2011 19:34
Multiple Visits to Mainland from Hong Kong
Asked by Taf from South Africa
| Mar. 17, 2015 02:28
How many entries can be done on a X1
Asked by Virginia from Beijing
| Oct. 28, 2015 22:14
Hello: My sister and I, both Canadian citizens, would like to travel to Ch...
Asked by Mrs.P. Sheldon from Canada
| Jul. 14, 2009 21:25
S2 or L visa
Asked by MUM from UK
| Mar. 30, 2016 21:53
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)