Asked by Phi Salvatore from USA | Oct. 12, 2015 16:05
About:Visa Application for Children Born in US with Chinese Parents

Infant birth certificate has mother's name only

Mother wishes to travel to China with her son to visit her mother. Son is 13 months old. Mother is naturalized US citizen, son born in US. Father is natural born US citizen but does not have custody of child and was never married to mother. Child's birth certificate has only mother's name on it and son has mother's family name. Will this kind of birth certificate be acceptable to obtain a Visa for the son for a 30 day or less visit? Also, does the mother have to bring a letter of authorization signed by the father or will a court order allowing her to visit with her son be acceptable? Thanks.

Answers (1)
Answered by Sally from Germany | Oct. 13, 2015 03:55
I personally think this birth certificate is acceptable because the father doesn't have custody of the child. However, the embassy may ask you to provide a court order to prove it.
Related Questions:
My wife was born in Hong kong
Asked by Faisal from Pakistan
| Jun. 05, 2012 04:18
Family reunion with grandfather
Asked by Lisa from Netherlands
| Apr. 08, 2014 01:50
Infant US birth certificate born in US chinese parents. Can an agency obtai...
Asked by Brenda from US
| Sep. 14, 2015 02:11
Dad Chinese and Mom American, how can I get visa to China?
Asked by linda murakata from USA
| Sep. 21, 2012 01:34
mother and father applying for s2 visa to visit son working in china.
Asked by Jacqueline haynes from United kigdom
| Apr. 12, 2017 21:03
my name is irfan ullah and my wife was born in hong kong in 1979 and she ha...
Asked by Mr.irfan from pakista
| Feb. 05, 2010 02:34
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)