Asked by wira from Indonesia | Sep. 29, 2015 08:11
About:Marriage Registration in China

take care hukou

Hi all

I am going to marry a chinese girl in indonesia. My question is:
1. If my kid later born in indonesia, what is his/her nationality?
2. I am told by my girlfriend, if my kid born not in china, then my kid will not get hukou. How to take care of hukou if my kid born not in PRC?


Answers (1)
Answered by Nana from China | Oct. 08, 2015 21:09
Hi there!
1. If your kid was born in Indonesia, he/she can get PRC nationality. However, if you apply for Indonesian nationality for the kid, then he/she has to give up PRC nationality.
2. If your kid only has PRC nationality, you can get hukou for the baby after returning to PRC. You should go back to the registered address of your wife within one month after the baby was born. Take your marriage book and the kid's birth certificate (need notarization and authentcation), as well as your wife's household registration book to the local police station to apply for the hukou.
Related Questions:
7 pax to visit Hukou waterfall. Is is cheaper to hire a van or take the bul...
Asked by Eileen from Malaysia
| Apr. 25, 2014 02:59
Any direct bus or coach from xian to hukou waterfall?
Asked by aimee from Malaysia
| Feb. 25, 2015 21:49
I am a malaysian who wish to apply for a muliple entries visa for 2yrs to J...
Asked by Angie Ng from Malaysia
| Apr. 26, 2016 22:17
Would it be possible if i could buy and (or) take care of a panda?
Asked by lizabeth from USA
| Apr. 02, 2015 20:13
Is it possible to get a quote for one of the tours if I take care of the Ho...
Asked by Ruben Garcia
| Aug. 25, 2013 20:03
Born 3/6/55, I can not seem to generate income. I feel very worried.
Asked by Debbie from Usa
| Jan. 18, 2014 02:02
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)