Asked by Donna from Russia | Sep. 28, 2015 08:09
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

Transit through China, changing planes in Beijing & Shanghai. Which visa?

I am flying from Yakutsk, Russia to the USA. The first leg is Yakutsk - Beijing, then change planes/terminals and fly to Shanghai, then to San Francisco. I'll be in PRC for around 10 hours total if the flights are on time. I won't be leaving the airport, but will I need to go through customs and immigration? Will I be issued the 24-hour direct transit in this case? If so, can you give me any information on where to get it in the Beijing airport? My flight lands at 4:00 a.m. and on previous trips (when I had only one stop), the desk issuing the transit permits was closed until later. I'm worried about missing my connecting flight. Can I go through the regular immigration lanes?

Answers (1)
Answered by Elva from Japan | Sep. 30, 2015 04:28
Donna, if you don't plan to leave the airport, you don't have to go through customs and immigration. You can get the 24-hour direct transit service. You can go through the regular immigration lanes. Don't worry.
Related Questions:
Do i need a transit visa for changing planes in Beijing?
Asked by Mr.Ms Xenia Polunin from UK
| Jul. 02, 2010 20:48
Does 72 hour free visa apply for us?
Asked by Susan from Australia
| Feb. 03, 2015 02:02
Can I visit Beijing visa free for 144 hours if I am transiting ?
Asked by Steve rodhouse from United Kingdom
| May. 04, 2018 11:43
Urgent advice please on Transit visa policy in China in 2018
Asked by Heather from United Kingdom
| May. 09, 2018 21:12
Hi! I'm an Australian citizen transiting through Beijing on a flight from J...
Asked by Mr.Robert from Japan
| Jul. 28, 2009 21:22
Is it OK for me to enter China three times with a two entry visa? I'll ente...
Asked by Sterling from Canada
| Sep. 08, 2011 02:21
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)