Asked by helen from United States | Sep. 16, 2015 00:36
About:Visa Policy of China

a 10 yr multi entry visa. can it be used in lieu of student X type?

My son has a 10 yr multi entry type and will attend a school in shanghai. I expect him to take trips out of china during breaks. Is it necessary to apply for a student X type if he will leave periodically in 3 month intervals. A friend mentioned that he can extend his stay duration to 4 months (locally) if needed.

Answers (1)
Answered by Charlie from Australia | Sep. 16, 2015 03:05
Helen, in principle, if he wants to study in China, he had better get an X type. If he will study for more than one year, he can get an X1 type and a residece permit, which enables him to takes trips during breaks without the need to apply for new entry permits.
Related Questions:
What is a local ID for a travel multi entry 10 yr. visa?
Asked by Diane from USA
| Oct. 21, 2016 01:16
Can I use a valid Commerce & Trade type (catgory M) to visit China on holid...
| Jan. 08, 2017 20:26
Visa duration of stay 60 days
Asked by Paul Kim from USA
| Oct. 23, 2018 08:24
HELLO CAN I GET A STUDENT VISA ( X visa ) Multi-entry valid for 12 months ...
Asked by Mr.jang from BANGLADESH
| Jan. 20, 2010 20:44
one of parent (father or mother) can get visa for five long term stay .
Asked by annt from pakistan
| Aug. 01, 2016 21:52
can a switch my student X type to dependent visa my husband is a student he...
Asked by Tolu from china
| Mar. 09, 2017 03:34
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)