Asked by Jackie from United States | Aug. 08, 2015 04:08
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Living in China & Traveling to Hong Kong

Hello, I currently live in China with my son. I just renewed my contract for another year, therefore, my work visa is valid until August 2016. However, when my resident permit was processed the expiration date was set to match my passport (May 2016). The expiration date on my son's resident permit was also set to match his visa expiration date (January 2016). Our residence permits will be updated once we renew the passport, but we don't have time to renew before our trip. We would like to travel to Hong Kong later this month. Can you tell me whether it will be a problem for us since my son's passport is under 6 months?

Answers (1)
Answered by Andrew from Sweden | Aug. 09, 2015 04:23
It won't be a problem. He can reenter mainland China after visiting Hong Kong.
Related Questions:
Is a Visa required for a Canadian traveling to Hong Kong?
Asked by David from Canada
| Aug. 20, 2013 02:46
I am from mainland china and want to visit hong kong, do I need a visa to H...
Asked by Yue'e Li from United States
| May. 28, 2011 01:05
I am a US citizen with US passport living in Margarita, Venezuela. I want t...
Asked by Mr.Smith from Venezuela
| Apr. 23, 2011 21:04
China visa when visiting Hong Kong
Asked by Wilma Kroese from USA
| Mar. 27, 2015 21:33
do I need some sort of transit visa to Hong Kong?
Asked by Henry Besong from Cameroon
| Feb. 21, 2016 02:32
Traveling to hong kong?
Asked by Mosafa from Egypt
| Dec. 30, 2012 02:39
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)