Asked by D. from USA | Aug. 01, 2015 03:30
About:FAQ of Chinese Visa Application

Applying for a Z type from a 3rd country

I'm a US citizen who has been in China frequently for business over the past 2 years ( I've had two business visas before, and 3 tourist types before that ). I've been offered a full-time teaching job in September, and have just submitted all the documents required to get the invitation letter, etc. If all goes well with the first bunch of paperwork, can I apply for the Z type at the Chinese Embassy in Bangkok, or by mailing my passport to an agency in Los Angeles, who would then submit it to the Chinese consulate there? I understand that the *best* way is to go back to the USA, but that will cost me over $2000. Does anyone have any *solid* knowledge or experience with this (as opposed to guesses or opinions). Thanks.

Answers (1)
Answered by Spack from USA | Aug. 02, 2015 04:10
D., you cannot send your passport to US and entrust the agency to handle the application for you. It's not allowed. You can apply for the Z type from Bangkok. As you have obtained China entry permits for many times before, I think you have a big chance to get the Z type.
Related Questions:
Can i cancel my student visa and apply for work type
Asked by rohan from Pakistan
| Sep. 01, 2015 02:39
Can a Z Visa enter to China for two time within 30 days?
Asked by Simon from Malaysia
| Dec. 19, 2013 01:43
First time Work Visa in China
Asked by Katie from USA
| Sep. 09, 2015 01:26
Apply for Chinese "Z" visa from Japan?
Asked by 519e from Japan
| Apr. 01, 2013 03:49
apply for work visa without going back to my country
Asked by rohit from India
| Oct. 16, 2015 04:16
Hello Dear i am from Gambia West Africa. I am recently in China with 1 mont...
Asked by Alex from The Gambia
| Dec. 03, 2015 18:56
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)