Asked by Karen Plunkett from Canada | Jul. 31, 2015 22:11
About:FAQ of Chinese Visa Application

Do we need a visa? we are US and Canadian passport holders.

We are flying from Siem Reap to Guangzou arriving at 2330. we have a flight at 0900 from Guangzhou to Shanghai. we then have a flight from Shanghai to Detroit Michigan at 1630.
we aren't in China for even 24 hours. can we leave the airport In Guangzhou to sleep in a hotel (Pullman Hotel right at the airport) or do we have e to spend the night in the secure area of the airport? we have tickets and will have boarding passes right through to the US.

Answers (1)
Answered by Alice from New Zealand | Aug. 01, 2015 22:59
Hey Karen, you don't need the transit permit and you can sleep in a hotel in Guangzhou. you need to apply for a temporary stay permit at the airport so that you can leave.
Related Questions:
Travelling from London to Sydney with a stop in hong kong of 72 hours
Asked by Monika from London
| Dec. 11, 2014 20:18
As UK passport holders, do we need a visa to enter Macau?
Asked by A Humphreys from U K
| Sep. 09, 2013 02:10
Do we still need visa to China?. We re NZ passport holders.
Asked by Jos from Australia
| Feb. 08, 2014 00:20
entering by ship at Xiamen for one day then continuing cruising to Shanghai...
Asked by jasmine from USA
| Aug. 16, 2016 20:52
Visa for HK
Asked by Shirley from USA
| May. 02, 2017 21:49
We are New Zealand passport holders do we need a visiting visa for our four...
Asked by Marie wickliffe from New Zealand
| Oct. 12, 2015 21:14
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)