Asked by jarek basek from poland | Jul. 24, 2015 02:38
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

can you extend 7 days visa for 30 days?

Hi there, just got my passport with an entry permit and realise that i just got 7 day one.
It was my mistake and in ambassy they told me that i can't change it.
Is it posible to extend 7 days one for another 30 days?
Or its better to wait till it run out and apply again?
we are in Vietnam atm so maybe we could go to hong kong and apply there again.
Is it posible?
Many thanks

Answers (1)
Answered by Peter from Honduras | Jul. 24, 2015 22:24
Jarek, you may not be able to extend your 7 days one into a 30 days one. The local authorities usually give duration of stay no longer than the previous one marked on your entry permit. It means that you still get another 7 days if you do the extension.

On the other hand, I am afraid that you may not be able to apply for another one in HK if you don't have resident status there.
Related Questions:
What type of visa can stay > 30 days per entry? Or what to do to extend th...
Asked by abq from United States
| May. 23, 2011 22:10
Can i extend my transit G visas for another 7 days?
Asked by Max from Slivakua
| Aug. 16, 2016 22:58
Hi I have a L type visa with 2 entries of 30 days each.
Asked by Fanny Rios from Mexico
| Feb. 25, 2014 21:27
Do you think I can extend the L type in Shanghai?
Asked by Anila from Albania
| Aug. 15, 2017 22:38
Visa extension Issues
Asked by Julien from France
| Aug. 20, 2017 22:37
Hi,my daughter is visiting us in Shenyang and is on a 6 month L multiple vi...
Asked by Mrs.Murray from Australia
| Jan. 05, 2010 05:06
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)