Asked by Tamaris from United Kingdom | Jul. 17, 2015 08:38
About:China Embassy in Myanmar

Myanmar national - Visa for HK, what options availiable?

One of our employees is planning to relocate to Hong Kong for work as we have offices there, he is a UK citizen.

My enquiry is with regards to his girlfriend. She is a Myanmar national who is residing in the UK on a spouse entry permit. She has been in UK for 8 years.

I really need to find out the following:

1) is it possible for her to obtain one for Hong Kong?
2) if yes, what kind would she be able to have and how long would she be able to stay? On a visitor type?
3) how would we go about applying for this type?
Please can you help as having some difficulty finding this information.

Many thanks

Answers (1)
Answered by Brenda from Sweden | Jul. 20, 2015 03:17
Tamaris, it's possible to get her one entry permit for Hong Kong. I do not think it's wise to apply for a visitor type because applicants cannot stay long with it. I recommend you apply her a dependant type and her husband will be the sponsor.

She needs to submit an application form (ID 997), a recent photograph (affixed on page 1 of the application form ID 997), a photocopy of her passport, and a photocopy of her marriage certificate.

The husband needs to submit the applicant's application form (ID 997) with Part B duly completed, a photocopy of his Hong Kong identity card, a photocopy of his passport, a photocopy of proof of financial standing, e.g. bank statements, savings accounts passbooks, tax receipts and salary slips, and a photocopy of proof of his accommodation, e.g. rental receipts.

Then submit all these documents to HK Immigration.
Related Questions:
HK visa for empoyees going for company training or meeting
Asked by Sandar Aung from Myanmar
| Jan. 09, 2015 00:39
Hong Kong visa for my Myanmar nanny
Asked by ZeeTee from Philippines
| Jan. 21, 2016 19:59
Visa Information for a Somalia travelling in Myanmar
Asked by Gabose from Somalia
| Oct. 07, 2012 03:17
What are the requirements for a Chinese national to visit HK as a tourist?
Asked by Steve from United States
| Aug. 13, 2011 21:03
How can i apply HK visa from myanmar?
Asked by Tun lin oo from myanmar.
| May. 12, 2016 21:32
I am a Myanmar national residing in Malaysia and intend to stop over HK for...
Asked by Mrs.Khin Mar from Malaysia
| Mar. 15, 2010 02:29
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)