Asked by Amanda from Panama | Jul. 07, 2015 12:33
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

Extend my visa for traveling. My current one is student type.

Hello! I am currently a student and my student type expires next July 31st, 2015. I want to extend it because I want to travel around China before going back home.

Can you guide me what to do to extend my stay here. I would need to extend my stay until August 9th.

Thanks, Amanda

Answers (4)
Answered by Elly from Switzerland | Jul. 07, 2015 21:39
Hi Amanda,

Thanks for your question. I have the same issue, my student type runs out in August and I would like to change it into a multi-entry tourist one. Could anybody please advise us whether we can do this in Beijing or whether we have to travel to our home countries/ HK?

Thank you a lot!
Answered by Sandy from United Kingdom | Jul. 11, 2015 22:03
For Elly and Amanda

It's not possible to apply for a multiple entry tourist type within mainland China, but you are likely to convert the student type into the tourist L type at the exit and entry administration division of the local PSB.
Answered by Amanda from Panama | Jul. 12, 2015 04:35
Thanks Sandy for your reply.

I already went to the Entry-Exit Administration Office and they told me they can in fact extend my visa for 30 days more. The main requirement is to give them the original certificate of the university where shows the last day of school.

The cost (I think) it varies depending on the nationality of each person because he asked my nationality and then gave me the price. For me is RMB160.

The documents to take are: passport, original certificate of school and photographs (take at least two just in case).

Ely, I hope this works for you too.

Answered by JM from Australia | Jul. 14, 2015 05:51
Hey Amanda, by official certificate do you mean the xuexi zhengming?
Related Questions:
I am currently on a Student Visa, that is valid for 1 year, but I want to e...
Asked by Katie from USA
| Jul. 29, 2014 22:16
applying for visa extension while outside china
Asked by Kristin from USA
| Jan. 04, 2015 03:10
Hello, I am currently on a business visa which expires April 9, 2016.Can I ...
Asked by Ralph from USA
| Mar. 19, 2016 04:31
convert Visa
Asked by Noel from France
| May. 16, 2015 21:43
extending student visa
Asked by nicky from United States of America
| Jul. 20, 2015 02:52
student reident permit expire in june want extension for next semester
Asked by monique from cameroon
| May. 21, 2018 01:54
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)