Asked by John from USA | May. 31, 2015 21:20
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

Renewing/Changing a Resident Permit

I'm currently in China on a Working Resident Permit which expires July 21, 2015. I will not be returning to work for my current employer in the foreseeable future. I will be marrying my fiancée next week, and would like to know how do I change my current Working Resident Permit to a Family Resident Permit. Due to my work schedule, the upcoming wedding, and having to travel to another city for the ceremony, I feel like I'm running out of time! How much time is needed to take care of this type of situation? Also, my current residence is in one city, but we are contemplating living in her hometown. In which city do I need to change the permit? And if I choose to work in the future, will I have to change this permit again? Thank you in advance for your answers.

Answers (1)
Answered by Marlon from Spain | Jun. 01, 2015 02:59
John, you should first go to the exit and entry adminisrtration office in the city where you work, and ask the bureau to issue you a certificate for transferring your residence permit to another city. Then go to the exit and entry bureau in your wife's city and renew your residence permit. It takes about 15 working days for processing the renewal application. If you want to work in the future, you have change the family residence permit to work residence permit.
Related Questions:
Is there any difference between working permit or resident permit?
Asked by ik from nigeria
| May. 20, 2015 04:57
Can I send a friend to drop my application because am in Mississippi and my...
Asked by Uloma from Nigeria
| Mar. 09, 2014 03:49
hello. i want to study in the iniveristy in china for master degree during ...
Asked by SOUKHAL from Morocco
| Dec. 13, 2017 20:47
Are resident permit holders exempt from Hong Kong visa?
Asked by Chris from Australia
| Mar. 15, 2015 02:48
Is it possible to aquire a resident permit for my wife and three children?
Asked by teddie bepete from Zimbabwe
| Mar. 10, 2016 20:11
British resident living in spain, do we need a spanish resident permit to a...
Asked by david from spain
| Dec. 29, 2013 01:39
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)