Asked by Milky li from Mauritius | May. 28, 2015 01:42
About:Embassy of Mauritius in China

Temporary residence permit, possible?

I just started studying in Beijing with an X2 visa with single entry, and I had to go out for a few days. Now I will be back in Beijing but I only have the right to stay for 30days since my X2 is overwritten but, am I still eligible to apply for the temporary residence permit or do I need to do another one first in order to get the permit? And if so should I absolutely do another X type for students or can I just do L type for tourist?

Answers (1)
Answered by Sam from Indonesia | May. 29, 2015 01:43
Li, according to my knowledge, you can't change X2 into a temporary resident permit. Because X2 is a single entry one, you need to apply for another X2 if you still want to study in Beijing. Other types like L are not ok. Unless you are able to apply for a X1 type, then you can change it into a temporary resident permit.
Related Questions:
Q1 visa with temporary residence permit
Asked by puneeth from India
| Feb. 09, 2018 03:13
M visa to Q1 visa
Asked by Puneeth from India
| Jun. 11, 2018 03:26
Is it possible for a foriegn student holding a residence permit travels to ...
Asked by Augustus Gwan from Liberia
| Feb. 23, 2018 03:19
Is it possible to aquire a resident permit for my wife and three children?
Asked by teddie bepete from Zimbabwe
| Mar. 10, 2016 20:11
Unsure of status..without a sticker on my Z visa
Asked by Phil from U.K.
| Nov. 25, 2015 21:46
Tourist Visa to Temporary resident permit
Asked by Mahimi from Sri Lanka
| Jul. 15, 2018 23:10
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)