Asked by Giorgio Marchetti from Italy | May. 19, 2015 03:48
About:China Consulates in Italy

would like to apply for a residence visa for me and my family

I am an italian who has working as banking manager in hongkong from 2ooo to 2oo8. my son four years old with Italian passport. my wife is srilankan citizen with italian visa and also her has been working there since 2002 until 2008 we have been told that for italian passport no problem while for my wife situation we would like to know what to do.

Answers (1)
Answered by Kathie from Netherlands | May. 20, 2015 03:20
Giorgio, it's alright, you can apply for the HK residence for yourself and your family as your accompanying person. To apply for it, you have to meet many requirements and processes, such as financial and educational backgrond, language (English) level, point-based text, etc. Only after you have gone through all those processes, you can get an Approval-in-principle letter from the immigration department. Then you need to take part in an interview organized by the department. If you pass the inverview, then you will get the residence permit. The stay duration of your wife and son depends on your granted stay duration.
Related Questions:
Is round trip ticket is required?
Asked by Bebong from China
| Feb. 10, 2012 23:59
I'm British and have relatives who are residence in Hong Kong. I am in my f...
Asked by Mrs.Sharmean from England
| May. 24, 2010 21:29
I am egyptian passport holder, I have permenant residence in Japan, living ...
Asked by Mr.MOHSEN from Japan
| Apr. 29, 2009 05:10
Apply Q Visa in HK for Turkish pass holder
Asked by POLAT from Germany
| May. 03, 2016 21:34
temporary residence permit in China
Asked by azam from India
| Jun. 20, 2011 22:48
Russian in Tokyo. Want to visit Dalian for 3 weeks
Asked by Yana from Russia
| Jul. 16, 2014 02:14
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)