Asked by Vina from Indonesia | Apr. 20, 2015 06:22
About:China Embassy in South Korea

What about Hong Kong and mainland China visas? Do they have the same requirements?

I am planning to go to mainland at first, but after realizing that my ARC validity is not more than 6 months the time I apply for it, I altered it to Hongkong because for Indonesian, we are allowed to travel free for 30 days.

The question is, if my ARC card is expired in Sept and I want to travel to HK in June. Is it okay? Bcs it will be a whole different story (which is a NO) if I was applying for Chinese entry permit for mainland.


Answers (1)
Answered by Beverly from Finland | Apr. 22, 2015 02:53
Hi, Vina. The requirements for HK and mainland entry permits are different. If you go to Hong Kong, there is no requirement for the remaining validity of your ARC card. Just make sure that your passport is valid and you have enough money and onward or return ticket at hand.
Related Questions:
What are the requirements for visas for Thai and Danish citizens on travel ...
Asked by Erik Boeck from Denmark
| May. 23, 2011 22:23
My husband and I got married in the Philippines, And we want to get married...
Asked by Ivy Zhou from China
| Mar. 01, 2018 00:45
Work visa Z or R question
Asked by A from Canada
| Jul. 29, 2018 19:08
What about Jamaicans? Do they need Macau visas?
Asked by Joshua from Jamaica
| May. 25, 2014 01:31
Business Visa and Temporary Residence Permit
Asked by Rubie from UK
| Apr. 16, 2012 01:16
Can we renew our travel visas in Dalian? What are the requirements? Can we ...
Asked by Robert & Susan from Canada
| Dec. 30, 2013 02:14
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)