Asked by Atman from USA | Apr. 17, 2015 04:13
About:Policy for Foreigners with Immediate Family Living in China

Extension for an S1 visa

Hello, I am here on a Z type and my wife is accompanying me on an S1 type. Our residence permits expire next month. I will get a new one and residence permit but we'd like to just extend hers for now. I went to the PSB today to ask if that is possible and what documents we need to submit in order to do that. They said it was possible and gave me a list in Chinese of documents that are needed. When I arrived home and translated the title of the document they gave me I realized they had given me the list that is need to apply for a residence permit. Are the requirements really the same for extending yours as they are for getting a residence permit? Or is it possible that they didn't understand what I was actually needing and gave me the wrong list?

Answers (1)
Answered by Tina from Iraq | Apr. 18, 2015 02:17
Atman, the requirements should be the same. We call the extension. In fact, they just issue a new one to us. You just need to prepare the required documetns and "extend" your wife's S1 at the PSB.
Related Questions:
Process and Documents required for S1 visa extension for my wife and son
Asked by Vinay from India
| Mar. 20, 2018 20:38
Extension of Visa for Children after attaining 18 Years
Asked by dinchina from China
| Jul. 22, 2016 20:18
After extension of S2
Asked by simon
| May. 23, 2018 21:40
Hi S1 visa extension
Asked by Majid from Pakistan
| Sep. 11, 2018 20:29
Requirement to get s1 visa for China
Asked by Sreedevi from India
| May. 10, 2015 21:57
May I know the cost of the S1 Visa?
Asked by TEO ML from Singapore
| Apr. 08, 2016 04:03
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)