Asked by Laura from United Kingdom | Mar. 22, 2015 16:53
About:China Business Visa

Changing my x2 visa into a temporary residence permit

I have a question about the 30 day period for changing the new x2 study type into the Chinese temporary residence permit. In September 2015, I will starting my one semester study at Zhejiang university. Before starting my university course I will be staying in Shenzhen again with my boyfriend and his family for around one month before I am due to start my study course.

Is it possible to extend the pre-appliance period to more than 30 days for changing my X2 type? Or can I apply for my temporary residence permit at the Shenzhen PSB even though I am not in the city that I will be studying at so that it is already sorted for when I arrive?
If not what should I do?

Answers (1)
Answered by Daniel from Switzerland | Mar. 23, 2015 03:13
Laura, the pre-application period cannot be extended. If you can't change the X type into a residence permit sucessfully, the X type will expire and you have to apply for a new one. So you have to go to Zhejiang first and apply for the residence permit. After you get it, you can go back to Shenzhen.
Related Questions:
Do I need to apply for temporary residence permit in China on an X2 visa?
Asked by Sara
| Aug. 08, 2014 01:18
residence permit renewal time
Asked by Eli from USA
| Aug. 02, 2018 18:59
Can x2 visa be changed into a marriage residence permit within china?
Asked by DL from Uk
| Oct. 11, 2016 02:06
Residence permit with X2 type
Asked by Max from Finland
| Jul. 19, 2017 04:25
Can I travel on my Z Visa before I get the temporary residence permit?
Asked by Muse from USA
| Jun. 29, 2015 20:59
My friend got a X2 for studies in China. On visa is written "180 days".
Asked by Po from China
| Sep. 20, 2015 21:28
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)