Asked by Machiel from Netherlands | Mar. 12, 2015 20:18
About:China Work Visa

My Working permit is expired, can i apply for a new one without having to leave china?

Dear All,

Somehow i managed to put my self in quite a rare position. Let me explain the situation;
I have been working in mainland on my working permit for a year now and i need to apply for a new working permit in order to continue my work here.
The problem is that my passport got lost 2 months before the expiration date of my working permit. Meaning: I first have applied for a new passport (with all the hassle that follows..) Now this I've already done, and now its only a wait until the passport is finished.

However the passport will arive about 3 days after the dead line that allows me to extend my working permit. Meaning that I have to do the whole process of asking for a Z type, then working and recidence permit again!
Needless to say: my boss made me employee of the month.

I've heard at least 5 different stories on how to handle this, differing between going to prison and just simply applying in china it self for a new Z type.

Could someone pleases tell me how to handle this?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ken from Sao Tome and Principe | Mar. 17, 2015 02:47
Machiel, my advice is to bring all your document to visit local entry and exit management bureau as fast as you can. You shouldn't be put into prison if your work permit is just expired. If ok, you can apply for a new work permit and then try to get a new Z type without leaving. Otherwise, you may be required to go back to your country to apply for the Z type.
Related Questions:
hi can i apply or change my visa from tourist to working visa without ha...
Asked by Mr.gabby from south korea
| Oct. 27, 2009 21:06
Hi. I recieved a L visa that's only valid for 30days with 1 entry.
Asked by Patrick from Namibia
| Nov. 01, 2016 21:01
Hello! I'am from Kazakhstan, i live in China (Shenzhen). I have 1 year c...
Mr.MURAT from China
| Dec. 27, 2009 01:00
Renewing of Z visa & residence permit outside of China
Asked by Narelle from UK
| Dec. 12, 2014 00:39
My visa is expired. I’m in china. Can I get another visa?
Asked by Ashley from Canada
| Sep. 05, 2018 19:04
Working permit and Residence permit expires before my contract
Asked by John from France
| May. 22, 2015 03:28
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)