Asked by gan from Malaysia | Mar. 09, 2015 12:15
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

prcedure for malaysian girl marrying chinese boyfriend in China

i'm malaysian girl who is planning to marry my chinese boyfriend. 1. what documentation do i need to get married in mainland? 2. Where do i get my single status certification in malaysia? what is the procedure and how long does it take? 3. can my kids apply for malaysian citizenship if i give birth in China? or it is easier if i give birth in malaysia?

Answers (1)
Answered by Nina from Germany | Mar. 14, 2015 04:17
Gan, you need to provide single certificate and your passport. The certificate is usually issued by local marriage management bureau/office. After getting it, you need to get it notarized at local notary office and then go to Chinese embassy to have it authenticated.

Then you can go to the city where your husband lives. First, you need to get the single certificate translated by quaflied translation company and then get it notarized by local notary office. Then you two can register your marriage at the civil affairs office. The requred documents are:
1. your passport, original single certificate authenticated by Chinese embassy, translated version notarized by Chinese notary office
2. Your husband's ID card and Hukou Book

If your kid was born in China, you can apply Malaysian citizenship for her. You should consult with your embassy in China for further information.
Related Questions:
Is there anyway we get married without the family book?
Asked by myprop from Singapore
| May. 06, 2015 00:47
Dear Sir, My younger brother is marrying his girl friend, she is a Chinese...
Asked by Mr.Tauseef ali from pakistan
| Oct. 29, 2010 03:25
Hi, I'm a Singapore lady & am marrying my China boyfriend in China. May I k...
Asked by Ms.Coco from Singapore
| Oct. 16, 2010 21:41
Appropriate engagement gift for girl from Beijing from mother-in-law
Asked by Mary Logan from Canada
| Oct. 28, 2014 22:03
helo wats the prcedure for an indian in singapore holding a epass to travel...
Asked by Mr.satya from singapore
| Sep. 02, 2009 02:20
i am malaysian and want to marry a chinese girl,how to apply for her to sta...
Asked by Mr.tan eng wah from Malaysia
| Jun. 22, 2009 21:23
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)