Asked by Coco Ballard | Feb. 17, 2015 10:52
About:Embassy & Consulates of Japan in China

Japanese Entry Permit Application Process

Dear Consular Office​,

I am an American citizen who is wanting to apply for a student type entry permit to Japan. I am currently working on an application to a school in Japan which starts in August. I was wondering if I would be able to apply for this while not in the U.S. but in China on another student type entry permit. I am studying at a North China Electric Power University in Beijing from March 1st to July 15th. I will also be visiting Tokyo, Japan starting July 17th for about a few weeks before classes start in August.

My question is, can I apply for the student visa in Beijing or Tokyo? Or do I have to apply while in America? If I am able to apply in Beijing or Tokyo, are there any changes in the steps to obtain it that I would need to take?

Thank you very much for your time,
Cortney Ballard
Western Kentucky University Student

Answers (1)
Answered by Ellen from Ireland | Mar. 16, 2015 01:57
Coco, if you want to apply for the Japanese entry permit in China, you have to get it through Beijing China International Travel Service Co., Ltd. or Exit and Entry Personnel Servie Center of Foreign Affairs Office of Beijing People's Government. You can get contact with the embassy in China to confirm the details.
Tel: 010-6532-2007 (automatic answering phone)
Address: No. 1, Liangmaqiao East Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing
Related Questions:
Visa application for UN staff
Asked by John from Greece
| Jan. 28, 2016 18:39
NZ Citizens currently live in Japan and holding Japanese entry permit. Do w...
Asked by Jesse Robinson from Japan
| Jul. 22, 2016 03:21
how to apply for visa in tokyo, japan, to enter china on business multiple ...
Asked by CAPT. RAMJI from Japan
| Oct. 08, 2016 02:10
visa fee submission?
Asked by Ayesha from Pakistan
| Apr. 06, 2016 03:10
Visa Processing Days
Asked by Alvin from Malaysia
| Jul. 05, 2016 03:37
Dear I want to get study visa in hong Kong what is process of study entry p...
Asked by Burhan from Pakistan
| Sep. 09, 2016 01:40
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)