Asked by Emily from Canada | Feb. 16, 2015 00:56
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

Switching Employers

I am currently switching jobs, and I have all the required documents from my old employer for the process. Because my residence permit is attached to my old employer, it has already been cancelled and replaced with the 30-day exit-only visa. My new employer is applying for my Foreign Expert Certificate, but it will not be issued prior to the expiry date (Feb. 22) of my current entry permit. I was told by Shanghai PSB that I can exit China, go to Hong Kong, and return with ANY entry permit category to continue with the "FEC->Residence permit" process, because I am already processing the FEC in China. I am worried I will have issues with turning my non-Z type into a work residence permit. Can someone please confirm this?


Answers (1)
Answered by Nancy from South Africa | Feb. 17, 2015 00:27
I think you need to get another Z type at Hon Kong by providing the FEC. What the Shanghai PSB said may work too, but not for sure.
Related Questions:
why does the employer need a copy of the passport?
Asked by Chris from USA
| May. 30, 2014 03:27
Born on 12/14/62, should I change employers this year?
Asked by chip from USA
| Jan. 19, 2016 03:41
Thai National, Transit in Bejing
Asked by Jeff from Canada
| Jan. 08, 2014 00:42
I've been passing my resume to countless employers but I can't seem to be l...
Asked by Mel from Singapore
| Jul. 15, 2013 03:58
I need this Original Visa notice for M visa.
Asked by Andy from Philippines
| Jan. 11, 2015 02:42
DOB 07-Jun-1969: I have been in the same job for more than 15 years and try...
Asked by Fred from Australia
| May. 30, 2016 21:18
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)