Asked by Sean from Hong Kong | Feb. 04, 2015 01:42
About:Visa Policy of China

I have a British Passport and a HKID card (3 stars right to abode)

I would like to visit China for a business trip not lasting more than a week. I've been told that my HKID card means I will need to apply for a "Return Home Permit" - what if I cannot get one or only want the visa?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ruby from Iraq | Feb. 04, 2015 03:00
Sean, you can only apply for a M type with your British passport. Those who want to apply for Home Return Permit must have Chinese nationality. You don't meet the requirement. In order to apply for the M type, you should have invitation letter from your Chinese trade partner except for your passport, finished application form and a recent passport photo. In addition, you may be required to provide the letter of confirmation or invitation letter from duly authorized Chinese unit. Your trade partner can help you deal with this.
Related Questions:
Hi, I am a permanent resident of Canada, and have HK passport and HKID car...
Asked by Ms.Tse from Canada
| Mar. 24, 2011 03:39
My daughter is 3. She has a Chinese passport.
Asked by Rob from United Kingdom
| Jan. 22, 2017 19:26
I have a 3 star Hong Kong ID card .Can I apply to change to the new HKID ca...
Asked by Geoffrey from Canada
| Aug. 24, 2011 04:32
Weekend form HK to GZ
Asked by Gary from Hong Kong
| Nov. 02, 2015 00:30
I am a British Citizen and also have a 3 *** Hong Kong ID Card cos I was bo...
Asked by Mr.Lee from United Kingdom
| Dec. 20, 2010 03:25
HKID and british citizen, transit question
Asked by A Grg from United Kingdom
| May. 03, 2015 01:45
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)