Asked by shailendra from Nepal | Feb. 03, 2015 10:19
About:Hong Kong Visa Application

transit at hong kong to visit mainland china

i am nepalese citizen and i would like to visit mainland china with transit in Hong kong. Do I need to obtain transit entry permit for Hongkong along with visa to china? what are the other requirements in the passport?

Answers (1)
Answered by Sharon from Lesotho | Feb. 04, 2015 02:26
Yes, you need to apply two separate ones. One is for mainland China and the other is for HK. You can apply for the first one from the embassy in your country. It requires your passport, applicaiton form, a recent passport photo, invitation letter from Chinese invidual, company or organization, travel itinerary and personal information explanation letter. If you can't provide the invitation letter, you should provide round-trip air tickets, hotel booking and personal information explanation letter.

Since Chinese embassy doesn't accept first-time application for HK visa, you need to send your application to HK Immigration Department directly. The requirements are almost the same. A copy of your passport information page, a recent passport photo, finished ID1003A form, personal financial statement, flight ticket and valid visa to mainland China.

By the way, you should know that it takes four working days for Chinese embassy to deal with your application. However, HK Immigration Department needs four to six weeks.
Related Questions:
Got the Chinese VISA (transit), do I need to apply for HK visa as well ?
Asked by Hassan from Australia
| Jan. 29, 2014 00:26
i am Indian national working in Mainland china. I am looking for a 2 days t...
Asked by Shankar Sathawane from India
| Aug. 07, 2015 01:59
Can i get a single entry from Shenzhen border?
Asked by Roy from Hong Kong
| Aug. 07, 2015 01:51
can an eu passport holder visiting HK get a visa to visit mainland china in...
Asked by patrick cronin from Ireland
| Aug. 12, 2015 01:22
How can I visit hk
Asked by Pedro from Nepal
| Nov. 26, 2015 03:36
Visa requirements:
Asked by hector from United States
| Jan. 10, 2014 23:37
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)