Asked by Louise M from USA | Jan. 17, 2015 14:11
About:China Visa

Which Visa should we apply for to teach one semester in China next Sept-Jan 2016?

When should we start the process? Is the time on it from when you get the entry permit or when you arrive in China? My husband and I will both be teaching for 5 months and have a contract. Which type do we apply for and how? We plan on traveling during the 5 months there on weekends/holidays.

Answers (1)
Answered by Tracy from Netherlands | Jan. 17, 2015 21:37
Hello Louise! It's suggested you start the process one month before your travel to China. The validiry starts from the date of its issuance. You both need to apply for Z type. Have you finalize your job and employer? If yes, first get the work permits with the assitance of your employer. Then apply for the Z type. You can go to the embassy or consulate having jurisdicton over your residence and submit the following materials: the valid passports, a photocopy of the passports' info page, a filled application form glued with your recent bareheaded photos, the work permit, and the invitation letter or confirm invitation letter from the duly authorized unit.
Related Questions:
switching X2 one-entry to X2 multi-entries
Asked by Pier from Italy
| Jul. 06, 2014 02:45
I am from Zimbabwe and was offered a position to lecture
Asked by Faith from Zimbabwe
| Dec. 07, 2016 21:45
hello problems with visa
Asked by shox from Uzbekistan
| Aug. 04, 2016 22:08
Switching to another university on X-2 visa
Asked by Rob from United Kingdom
| Nov. 17, 2014 21:15
144 days visa even though I have been in China?
Asked by Lisa from Sweden
| Mar. 05, 2018 03:32
Doubts about X2 Visa
| Jul. 09, 2014 01:47
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)