Asked by Adrian from Germany | Jan. 04, 2015 02:24
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

Additional 90 days after re-entry?

Hi! I've got an X2 visa issued in Shanghai, which was offered to us students so as to have an additional entry for China. It says Entry(s): 01 (yi), valid until Jan 31st. There is a remark saying: "Permitted to stay until 31 JAN 2015 for this time, and to stay for 90 days each time since the next entry" No stamps or crosses have been made yet.

I now booked flights in and out of HK in January. I just want to make sure, since there has been some confusion among the foreign students: Can I get back into China and stay for 90 more days with this (that is until end of March)? (Another interpretation of this remark would have been: I can leave China and come back for maximum 90 days, but all before Jan. 31st)

Thank you in advance for your help!

Answers (1)
Answered by Alon from USA | Jan. 05, 2015 02:18
Hi Adrian, if your current X type is not expired, I assume that the remark means you are permitted to stay until January 31 by using your current X type. After you go out and return to mainland China with the renewed X type, you are granted with another stay duration for 90 days.
Related Questions:
Can I extend my 90-day S2 visa in Chengdu?
Asked by Nector from Israel
| Aug. 27, 2014 01:22
M Visa extension
Asked by Taylor from USA
| Jul. 31, 2014 00:58
I am looking for an extension to the 90 day duration of stay on a category ...
Asked by Patrick Dawe from USA
| Apr. 07, 2013 04:25
my china visa allowed me to stay in mainland china for 90 days. could i go ...
Asked by paul from usa
| Apr. 14, 2014 03:05
I have an S2 Chinese visa good for multiple entries of 90 days.
Asked by terry from shanghai china
| Jul. 24, 2015 03:58
I have a single entry 90 day tourism Visa. Can I take the Huangpu river cru...
Asked by Ravi from USA
| Mar. 28, 2014 04:21
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)