Asked by Mark from USA | Dec. 14, 2014 01:00
About:China Tourist Visa

Applying for a tourist visa while already in China?

I am currently in China on a legal Z type. It will expire in a month, and I don't want to renew it. However, I would like to spend a month traveling in China before returning home. Is it possible to apply for a L type to have an additional month of travel in China before my current Z expires, or will I have to return home to apply? (In that case, it's not worth it) Thanks.

Answers (1)
Answered by Dick from Indonesia | Dec. 14, 2014 02:04
Mark, I think you can give it a try from local entry and exit management bureau or department. If they told you "No, you can't apply without leaving China", then you may try to go to HK to apply one. It says that many foreigners applied successfully in HK though the regulations require that the applicants are required to provide their HK resident status.
Related Questions:
do you need a flight ticket while applying for tourist visa?
Asked by g. Kudirka from usa
| Apr. 11, 2015 05:02
If am holding a Chinese tourist visa and also have admission with a univers...
Asked by Wilson from Benin
| Jul. 25, 2016 20:30
Already in China on a tourist visa.
Asked by Damien from Mauritius
| Aug. 21, 2016 10:56
Hello, should I provide a NBI clearance for applying Business Visa?
Asked by Ms.Cha from Philippines
| Sep. 29, 2010 01:32
Hi, I am currently on a 6 month tourist visa in china. I had to renew my p...
Asked by Ms.Di from Australia
| Jun. 03, 2010 04:49
I want to stay in Hong Kong just for 2 days and am holding Pakistani passpo...
Asked by Hassan from Pakistan
| Dec. 21, 2016 03:01
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)