Asked by Finn from United Kingdom | Dec. 06, 2014 12:09
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

72hr free transit when holding an L visa

I currently have a double entry tourist L type; I've used one entry but not the second one. It expires in May 2015. I wish to fly through Shanghai in December 2014 (Hong Kong > Shanghai > London) staying less than 72 hrs.

Can I still get the 72 hr free transit, and save the second entry on my double entry L type for a future trip, in early 2015? I suppose I would have to be careful to tell any immigration officer what to stamp?

Answers (1)
Answered by Fay from India | Dec. 07, 2014 02:28
Finn, you can make use of 72 hours free transit when you are in Shanghai. I think you just need to tell the immigration officer that you plan to make use of 72 hours free transit instead of the left entry for your L type. Then he/she will understand and won't stamp on your L type.
Related Questions:
How to request airline to apply 72hr TWOV
Asked by CTan from UK
| Jul. 14, 2016 21:00
72hr visa free transit, one-way or both ways?
Asked by TwoStroke from Canada
| Apr. 04, 2014 01:43
I'm a US citizen traveling to South Korea, I have an hour layover at guangz...
Asked by yurky reyes from United States
| May. 09, 2016 01:11
UK citizen. Can I use the 72hr transit visa when flying into Beijing but le...
Asked by Jennifer from United Kingdom
| Oct. 25, 2016 15:00
I would like to travel from Japan to Beijing. Then from Beijing to Hong Kon...
Asked by Jeffrey from USA
| Aug. 02, 2015 01:39
fly from sydney to tianjin arrive 12'00 midnight 4th oct cruise away 7th to...
Asked by brett from Australia
| Aug. 22, 2015 21:15
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)