Asked by Alejandro from United Kingdom | Nov. 19, 2014 10:50
About:China Visa Application in UK

EU Citizen living in London

I am an EU citizen applying for a Chinese visa this week, and came upon this information:

"(3) Proof of legal stay or residence status (applicable to those not applying for the visa in their country of citizenship)

If you are not applying for in the country of your citizenship, you must provide the original and photocopy of your valid visa or certificate of stay, residence, employment or student status of the country where you are currently staying.


I am Spanish, and have been residing in London for the last 4 years. I do not have a "certificate of stay" or "permit", as I am allowed to live here through the Schengen agreement.
Will my passport suffice to prove this, or do you know if I need to provide any further information to show that I reside lawfully in the United Kingdom?

Many thanks in advance!

Answers (1)
Answered by Gene | Nov. 19, 2014 20:07
Probably, you may have a stamp on your passport to show you are permitted to enter UK, right? If so, it is OK for your application.
Related Questions:
Visa for EU citizen living in USA
Asked by Albert Paul from United States
| Aug. 01, 2018 20:14
I am an Estonian (and therefore EU) citizen currently living in Thailand. I...
Asked by Ms.Liisa from Estonia/Thailand
| Apr. 13, 2010 05:04
I was wondering if I can apply for a China working visa while I'm in the UK...
Asked by Cecilia from
| Mar. 29, 2015 03:35
Visa for EU citizen living in the UK
Asked by Judit Stockl from United Kingdom
| Sep. 29, 2015 02:57
Can I get a tourism visa to go back to China from the Chinese embassy in Se...
Asked by Elpida from Greece
| Jan. 08, 2013 03:56
Inviation from wife or father in law
Asked by ceeloo from Finland
| Jan. 15, 2015 02:30
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)