Asked by Sapphire from New Zealand | Nov. 01, 2014 04:13
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

2x long connections - do we need a visa?

My partner and I have three stops in China and were wondering if we require it? We are hoping to explore both Beijing and Guangzhou, however if we are only allowed to leave one airport we would prefer Beijing.

We both hold New Zealand passports and our final destination is New Zealand.

Here is a copy of our planned itinerary:

Istanbul - Urumqi (6.15hr)
*1hr 5 min connection*
Urumqi - Beijing (3.55hr)
*17 hr 45 min connection*
Beijing - Guangzhou (3.35)
*22 hr 35 min connection*
Guangzhou - Auckland (11.30)

From previous answers I'm assuming we will need a Transit G? If so, how do we go about getting one? And is this useable for both long connections?

Thanks :)


Answers (1)
Answered by Sally from Honduras | Nov. 02, 2014 03:05
Yes, you need to apply for a G type in advance before you fly to China. You may try to apply from Chinese Consulate-General in Istanbul.

Address: Ahi Çelebi Cad. Çoban Çeşme Sok. No:4, Tarabya, Sarıyer, İstanbul
Tel: 2992188

Please understand that it takes five working days to deal with your application.
Related Questions:
My friends and I are traveling to Shanghai(SHA) from Chicago(ORD) by way of...
Asked by Nick from USA
| Mar. 07, 2017 20:31
What VISA should we get?
Asked by Sam from UK
| Jul. 31, 2018 13:33
Do I need a visa? USA citizens.
Asked by Peter from USA
| Apr. 17, 2018 21:32
Macau Visit by U.S. Citizen
Asked by Alejandro Corpuz from USA
| Feb. 27, 2018 20:11
Is a transit visa needed or get on arrival?
Asked by Gen from NZ
| Oct. 08, 2015 20:57
How long before we travel do we need to apply for visa?
Asked by Robyn Garrett from Australia
| Jan. 19, 2015 23:57
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)